Monday, February 2, 2015

Women of God books

Our church has a women's Bible Study called 'Sisters.' These women have so enriched my life! I'm so blessed to have this wonderful weekly Bible Study. I've really enjoyed the book we're finishing this week. It's Breathe, by Priscilla Shirer. However, I am totally excited to begin our next one! Christianity and World Religions by Adam Hamilton. Although I am a Christian, I want to learn about other religions because I want to know how God is at work in other religions, I believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. He alone is the way to salvation. I do wonder what will happen to those who earnestly pursue God through other religions.  The other thing is because of current world affairs, I want to learn from a well-respected Minister such as Hamilton, about the Muslim faith. I have to admit it kinda scares me a little bit. I do realize that there is a lot of misinformation out there and I want to be better informed. Hamilton says that by understanding others' faith, "we will gain new understanding that will enable us to build bridges with them so that we might grow in our Christian faith, seek peace in our world, love our neighbor, and find positive ways to share the gospel." This is something I feel the need to read. I got the book today and it is in my hands right now.


I absolutely ADORE this quote! I saw it on the web somewhere and sadly, I don't know the author. I printed it in Photoshop hoping it would look kind of like a poster. I would love to imprint this on the mind of every young girl, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment