Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Books!

I talked to my Minister today and about devotional books and he gave me a recommendation that I'm very excited about. The book is called, One Year At His Feet, by Chris Tiegreen. I've already ordered it from Amazon! I've been using the Upper Room for years, but I'm finding I need something different. Since it is shipping from my home state, I hope to have it in my hot little hands by .... dare I say it.... Saturday. One can hope right?
I learned of another Bible study book today. A friend of mine attends a different Bible study and they are currently reading Jeremiah - Daring to Hope in An Unstable World by Melissa Spoelstra. She said it is amazingly good and she's getting a lot out of it. Interestingly, there is a preview edition available for Kindle for $1.89. I think I'll buy that as well. I mean for only two bucks right?
 I'm just itching to get into a study of scripture too. Can  you tell I adore reading? I collect books, and especially love the feel of a well loved leather book in my hands. I do have one on Ephesians, but I can't read TOO many books at one time or my brain will blow a fuse!

I read all kinds of things. For a while I was reading Russian history, then it was Art History, then the Civil War, oh and marine science, then it was everything/anything I could get my hands on about Ireland and Scotland. Of course I always love a good mystery, as long as it's not too scarey or creepy. I'm a very sensitive soul, so it doesn't take much to give me nightmares. (the part in Jurassic Park where the tyrannosaurus ate a man gave me nightmares for a week) I adore happy endings, so a good romance is always a good read as long as it's not too racy.

The language of the King James Version is beautiful, but I do so enjoy my NIV Life Application Study Bible






No comments:

Post a Comment